Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wet ‘N’ Wild MegaLength Mascara


Wet ‘N’ Wild MegaLength Mascara
Winner of the Self 2010 Beauty Award

What it claims:
85% of consumers saw length improvement. For lavishly long and perfectly defined lashes, this lengthening formula visibly lifts for clump-free, lash-by-lash definition.
Cost:
$2.97

I set out to buy Covergirl's Lashblast Mascara in the yellowtube as I have heard great things but stopped right in my tracks when I saw this mascara from WetnWild...with almost a $5 difference between them, I opted to give the cheaper version a try. I'm a sucker for a good deal.
Now I compared both brushes in the store and they are exactly the same. The WnW is a bit smaller but all around, same deal. You even get more in the WW tube.

I first curled my lashes, then applied the mascara. It only comes in one shade - very black.

The first time I put it on it was very clumpy and scary on one eye, the other eye was normal. So I had to take the mascara off which was a pain, wait 10 minutes for my lashes to dry so they would curl again, and reapply.

After I reapplyed for the second time, the mascara went on normal. I'm chalking up the clumpiness to the first time the brush was dipped.

If you are a fan of the Covergirl Lashblast, this is comparable. I've used it, and depending on the look you are going for, it does what it says.

The WnW seperated and lengthened my lashes but did not help with the curling. My lashes were almost stick straight. The color is nice and if you're looking for length, this is a great mascara for the price.

If you are someone who likes length, curl and volume, this is not the mascara for you.

It is purely a lengthening mascara so if that is what you are after, for under $3 this could be every beautygal's dream!
Now I kind of want to try the WnW plump & volume mascara!

No comments: