Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation
Mineral Makeup with SPF 15
Cost:
$28
This is my all time favorite foundation.
In the past I only used MAC Studio Fix, but since I jumped on the BE train three years ago I haven't looked back.
As a long time fan of Bare Escentuals, I was weary of trying their Matte Formula.
Don't ask me why.
I have used the regular BE Foundation with spf15 for about three years.
So maybe I was torn about change.
I adore their makeup. I enjoy their whole line. Leslie, the founder is amazing. I wrote her an email once and she even wrote back to me!
Back on topic.
The Matte Foundation.
I adore it. I actually do not know how I wore the regular now that I wear this.

The difference is just the Matte. Same coverage, same thing. Just the Original gives you a luminous glow while the matte is completely shine free.

The groundbreaking formula offers shine-free coverage and extraordinary skin-renewing properties for a flawless, natural matte finish all day long. It absorbs excess oil and eliminates shine without drying your skin. It dramatically improves the appearance of your skin through the clinically proven power of RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex, which minimizes pores and promotes cell turnover for fresher, smoother skin, while protecting your skin from environmental damage. This groundbreaking formula is made with only the purest, highest-quality ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals and preservatives.
Bonus?
It's in a no-spill, no-mess package. It has a little siffter that you can move back and forth.
Let me tell you - GREAT for travel. I used to have to carry my regular BE foundation and by the time your plane landed, half your foundation was in the top of the container. But not with this. They really need to change all the containers.


What it's formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

How much?

$28 for a container that will last you 4-6 months depending on how you use it, maybe longer.

How to Apply?

1. Swirl
A small amount of bareMinerals into the lid with the Flawless Application Brush (for lighter coverage) or the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush (for more coverage) until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles.
2. Tap
Off the excess. The Minerals should not be visible on the outside of the brush.
3. Buff
BareMinerals onto the skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the cheeks, forehead, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals.
Whichever BareEscentuals Foundation you choose it is totally personal choice.

I recommend this to everyone and have turned my friends and family as loyal followers! It's great for ALL skin types no matter your age. Personally, I have acne prone skin and this has never made me break out.

I adore the Matte, I love how it makes my skin look doll like and airbrushed. If you've never used any BE Foundation before you are missing out. Whether you go with Matte or Original.

This stuff covers up everything. From acne scars, dark circles, to redness. Plus it's made without chemicals so it's so pure you could sleep in it. With a built in SPF its excellent but I still recommend using a sunscreen underneath daily.

(I also recommend washing and cleansing nightly..if the odd time you happen to be out late and cannot, I speak from personal experience when I say I have not broken out from keeping it on overnight).

No comments: